INTERNATIONAL STUDENT 招生 POLICY
All international (nonimmigrant) applicants must meet the same admission standards set forth by The Los Angeles 电影 School for domestic applicants:
- Application for Admission — Applicants must submit the completed application and fulfill all the requirements therein.
- $75.00 application fee — The application fee must be submitted with the application*. The application and application fee may be submitted prior to submission of the following supporting documents.
- Documentation of High School Graduation, General Educational Development (GED) scores, or other equivalent * — Effective November 1, 2015, all applicants must have completed high school in their country or have passed the United States GED. Applicants must provide documentation of their high school graduation, or passing GED scores prior to starting a program. For applicants who completed high school in another country, a copy of your official transcripts and/or diploma must be submitted (in an English translation, if not already in English). Applicants who hold a GED must submit GED test score results and/or their GED diploma. The GED must be approved by a State Department of Education to be considered. Note that GED Tests cannot be taken online and can only be taken at an official testing center. The College may request additional documentation to verify the successful completion of high school (such as, but not limited to, student transcripts) and/or to assess the preparation provided by the issuing institution. In all cases, the College retains the sole discretion to determine whether the secondary training completed by the applicant is sufficient to satisfy the high school graduation admission requirement.
- Applicants for the Bachelor of Science Degree Completion Program must have an earned Associate of Science or Associate of Arts degree from an accredited institution in the United States, or have their college transcript evaluated showing that their degree equates to an accredited Associate degree in the United States. Applicants must submit an official transcript from the institution awarding the associate degree.
* ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION THAT IS NOT IN ENGLISH MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A CERTIFIED ENGLISH TRANSLATION. IF NATIVE LANGUAGE IS OTHER THAN ENGLISH, VERIFICATION OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY IS REQUIRED.
* Application fee will be refunded if the student requests to cancel within 3 days.
The School reserves the right to request any additional information necessary to evaluate an applicant’s potential for academic success. The School may reject any applicant whose records indicate that they are not reasonably capable of successfully completing and benefiting from the program, inadequate preparation and/or interest for its programs
*All students will be required to submit their high school diploma for evaluation at Evaluation World. The result of the evaluation must state that it is equivalent to graduation of an accredited high school in the United States.
The Los Angeles 电影 School welcomes applications from all international students. International students may be considered for admission if they:
- Meet all the above requirements for acceptance to The Los Angeles 电影 School.
- Have a sufficient command of the English language (please see below) as all of our courses are taught in English.
- Are in possession of sufficient funds to cover all your expenses while studying in the USA or have sufficient funds that will be made available to you by a sponsor (family member or other individual or entity) to cover all your expenses while in the USA.
Once accepted, students will receive an acceptance letter and an enrollment packet.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY POLICY
All applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate competence in the English language. This requirement can be satisfied if the applicant attended a high school in the United States or submits a diploma from a secondary school in a system in which English is the official language of instruction. If English is not the applicant’s first language, the applicant must meet the minimum acceptable proof of English Language Proficiency standard through one of the following:
UNDERGRADUATE / BACHELOR COMPLETER DEGREE PROGRAMS:
- Presenting the Level 110 certificate of completion of ELS coursework; or
- Presenting an official minimum score on one of the following English proficiency exams:
a. A score of ‘61’ on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) internet-based (iBT).
b. A score of ‘6.0’ on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
c. A raw score of ‘66’ and an adjusted score of ‘81’ on the Michigan Test of English Proficiency (MTEP).
FULL BACHELOR DEGREE PROGRAMS:
- 1. Presenting the Level 112 certificate of completion of ELS coursework; or
- 2. Presenting an official minimum score on one of the following English proficiency exams:
a. A score of ‘79’ on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) internet-based (iBT).
b. A score of ‘6.5’ on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
*No other tests or certificates of English proficiency shall be accepted by the School for the admission of international students.
The Los Angeles 电影 School is authorized under United States of America’s federal law to enroll non-immigrant students. Foreign students must first obtain the appropriate student Visa allowing a foreign national to study in the United States. This student Visa can be obtained from the US Embassy or US Consulate servicing the area in which the foreign student resides.
For international students, The Los Angeles 电影 School’s International Relations Coordinator can provide assistance and guidance in the acquisition of requisite student visas. Our International Relations office provides all necessary documentation that the student will need from the school in order to apply for the visa, including the I-20 and an acceptance letter. Towards the end of a students’ program, the International Relations Coordinator can also assist with status extensions and temporary work authorizations for the purposes of pursuing Post-Completion Optional Practical Training.
Once admitted into any of The Los Angeles 电影 School’s degree programs, international applicants will need to acquire a student visa to study in the United States.
The appropriate student visa for The Los Angeles 电影 School is an F1 visa, unless applicants are Fulbright scholars. 信息rmation about how to acquire the F1 student visa is provided to international students upon admission to the program.
In order to expedite this process, international applicants are encouraged to submit these documents along with the application for admission.
Should you need further assistance, please call the 招生 Department at 323.860.0789.
点击这里 to Download International form
(PDF Document, 244KB)
International students interested in applying to The Los Angeles 电影 School must have their academic high school credentials submitted to us in English. All college transcripts being submitted must be evaluated through one of the following International Foreign Credentials Evaluation Services:
The Los Angeles 电影 School requires candidates to use the above mentioned service in order to verify that candidates have completed the equivalent of a U.S. post-secondary education. Please note that we only need the Document-to-Document evaluation to determine an Associate degree equivalency – this evaluation names and describes diplomas, certificates, degrees, periods of education or training and will give the U.S. equivalencies for each.